Let me tell you that deleting photos from Photo library is completely different from deleting photos from iPhone Camera Roll.
The photos saved in Photo Library are those photos that is synced from computer and not the photos that are taken by your iPhone camera.
In order to delete iPhone photos from Photo Library, please follow the steps mentioned in the below methods.
Methods 1: Delete Photo Library from iPhone With iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to computer and launch iTunes on your computer.
- As your device appears on iTunes, simply select the device icon.
- On the left sidebar, tap on “Photos” tab.
- Note that “Sync Photos” is checked marked by default. If you want to delete all photos library then simply “uncheck the Sync Photos” and click on “Apply”.
- But, if you want to delete selected photos from Photo Library then uncheck the photos that you want to delete and check mark the photos that you want to keep and then click on “Apply” to delete.
Note: If you find that “Sync Photos” is not checked the it means that you have not synced your photos from iTunes.
Method 2: Delete Photo Library Permanently from iPhone If iTunes is Not Available
If you are not able to delete photos from photo library using the iTunes method, then the most simple and quickest way to delete iPhone Photo library is to use iOS Data Eraser software. It also allows you to delete all data from iPhone.
Note: The deleted data using iOS Data Eraser tool is not recoverable.
Here find out the step-by-step guide on how to permanently delete photo library from iPhone using iOS Data Eraser.